1 (edited by ryan 2022-04-05 19:40:49)

Topic: dz.add_dropbar causing Dropzone to crash

I'm trying to add a bit of code to the YouTube Downloader that will add the newly created file to the dropbar. However, when I add dz.add_dropbar to the code, Dropzone crashes each time. I've made sure that the file exists at the specified pathway. I've also tested it with a few different file types. I logged the message to a file so I could see the error since it causes the whole program to crash and I therefore can't view the debugger. The error is:

EOF when reading a line

Here is a snippet of the code I've added that causes the error:

file_paths = [os.path.abspath('~') + "test_file.m4a"]
dz.add_dropbar(file_paths)

I can't figure out why it's throwing an EOF error.

Re: dz.add_dropbar causing Dropzone to crash

Hi Ryan,

You'd want to do this instead as os.path.abspath() will not expand the tilde as you expect:

file_paths = [os.path.expanduser("~/test_file.mp4")]
dz.add_dropbar(file_paths)

However I've just tested this for you and unfortunately I accidentally broke the dz.add_dropbar() API in the latest update and calling this will always cause a crash even when using the correct tilde expansion above. I have made the fix which will be released with Dropzone 4.3.1 in a week or so and then you can give this another go.

Hi John,

Yeah, that was a bad example - I was mostly throwing in a sample path just to demonstrate the method I was calling to make sure there wasn't something else I needed to be doing. I hard coded paths to files that I knew already existed on my computer and it still made it crash.

Thanks for looking into it though. Looking forward to the fix. I really like the software and how extensive the API documentation is.

Do you send out emails when there's a new release?

We don't send out emails for every release however the app will tell you when there is an update. Will update you here when this fix is out also.

Hi John,

Any updates on when the new release will be available?

I really hope this week. The fix has long been done, it's just waiting on me to finish SFTP folder uploading which is going out with 4.3.1. This week or next for sure.

Sorry for the wait.

4.3.1 is now released. So the dz.add_dropbar() API should work as expected once you update to this version.