Topic: Difference between sandboxed vs un-sandboxed version

What are example of some of the things that you can do on a unsandboxed version of dropzone?
What are the added features or benefit of unsandboxed version?
If there is any what are the advantage of sandvoxed version?

Lastly, if I unsandbox my sandboxed dropzone, how will I update in the future?

Thank you

Re: Difference between sandboxed vs un-sandboxed version

The two versions of Dropzone 4 will work the same out of the box and sandboxing only becomes an issue when installing certain add-on actions for Dropzone 4.

If you're using the Mac App Store version of Dropzone 4 then initially you're limited to installing the actions listed on this page.
If using the non-Mac App Store version then you can install the full list of actions shown here.

If you purchased Dropzone 4 from the Mac App Store and want to use an action that is not compatible with sandboxing then I have provided an easy solution: You can switch to the non-Mac App Store version by downloading it from here and moving it to your applications folder replacing your existing App Store version. When you run it, it will detect you purchased already on the Mac App Store and register you automatically. Full details on this process are given here. Note that you have to run the Mac App Store version at least once first for this transition to work.

Therefore it doesn't matter if you purchase Dropzone 4 from the Mac App Store or direct from us. You can easily switch between the two versions if you need to.

Updates to the Mac App Store version are handled by the Mac App Store app while the non-Mac App Store version has its own update system (Sparkle) built in. One issue to keep in mind is that the non-Mac App Store version tends to receive updates a bit faster as these updates don't have to go through the Apple app review process.

Hope this helps.

It's awesome that you added the ability to switch to an unsandboxed version. I've run into the issue with multiple other products with no recourse. For that reason (and because of the inability for special upgrade pricing for apps in the app store), I often buy non-appstore versions for software now.

Any updates on when the unsandboxed version of Dropzone 4 will be released outside of SetApp?

The unsandboxed version of Dropzone 4 is now available both via Setapp and direct from our website at the below link:

https://aptonic.com/dropzone/latest

The only sandboxed version of Dropzone 4 is the Mac App Store version which is available at this link:
https://apps.apple.com/app/id1485052491?mt=12

The non-Mac App Store version of Dropzone 4 also provides a lifetime purchase option for $40 USD whereas the Mac App Store version requires a $1.99USD subscription to unlock all features. The non-Mac App Store version direct from us is the preferred version due to the lack of sandboxing enabling more features and also because it provides the lifetime purchase option allowing more flexibility if you decide you'd like to upgrade to pro (thanks!).