Topic: Launch Path Errors

I keep getting the following errors when trying to use any destination in Dropzone.

2/14/14 1:53:00.625 PM Dropzone[79522]: launch path not accessible
2/14/14 1:58:16.947 PM Dropzone[80193]: *** Canceling drag because exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException' (reason 'launch path not accessible') was raised during a dragging session

I'm not sure what is causing this? Would this have anything to do with me having rvm install (ruby version manager)?

Re: Launch Path Errors

Hi Ian - Try closing Dropzone, delete your ~/Library/Application Support/Dropzone folder and relaunch the app. Note you'll need to reinstall any destinations you had installed.

I've seen this happen when you run Dropzone from somewhere - e.g. your downloads directory and then move it somewhere else and run it again. This is because a needed symlink breaks.

If that doesn't fix it then yes it could be related to the rvm thing, let me know if the above fixes it first and we'll go from there.

I removed the Dropzone Application Support folder and I'm still getting the same errors.

When you relaunched Dropzone, was a 'Dropzone' folder recreated in Application Support?

Does the 'Dropzone' folder contain a 'Destination Scripts' folder and inside this folder should be a lib folder which is symlinked to /Applications/Dropzone.app/Contents/Resources/Destination Scripts/lib ?

There is a 'lib' folder, but it doesn't seem to be symlinked.

screenshot

Actually, I take that back. It is symlinked to the folder in the Dropzone app.

OK thanks, I think the issue must be that Dropzone can't find the ruby interpreter then.

If you open a terminal and run /usr/bin/ruby -v what output do you get?

Under 10.9 Dropzone looks for ruby 1.8 at the path /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby so can you also try running this interpreter?

My issue is resolved in Dropzone 2.8.6. Thanks!

OK, great. No problems!