Topic: Another Printer Extension Issue - No such file or directory

I get the following error when I try to use the print command with a Word docx file:

The lp command was called with lp -d HP_LaserJet_P4014 "/tmp/Dropzone-Printing/blah.pdf" 2>&1 and returned lp: Error - unable to access "/tmp/Dropzone-Printing/blah.doc.pdf" - No such file or directory

I can see the intermediate HTML file (qlmanage-doc2pdf-tmp.html) is created, but the pdf isn't there, and the "PDF Creation Error" didn't show.

I tried dropping a png and a pdf file onto print, and they both worked, but an xlsx file also failed, so it appears to be an issue with Microsoft files.

Any ideas?

Re: Another Printer Extension Issue - No such file or directory

Same goes for me.  Help please.

Hi guys,

I've just updated the Print extension to fix this. It was an issue where a utility the script calls changed its location.

Here's a link to the updated extension:

http://aptonic.com/getdestination.php?n … t.dropzone

Download and double click it to install it (making sure to delete the old one first so you don't end up with two installed).

I think I should clarify that my goal with creating the Print destination was to provide a 'quick and dirty' way to print a file without opening the application it was created in. There are major downsides to doing this, such as the fact that you can't set printer settings such as layout, copies etc. Also I had to do a bit of a hack to make Word docs print - they are rendered using the Quicklook engine before printing so the formatting will not always be correct. The destination is actually often a poor choice for printing.

Really the use case I had in mind for this was something like - I have map image or a little text or something that I just need printed in a hurry. If you're using the Print destination for anything more than that then you're missing the point of the destination.

That worked for me. But I guess I was "missing the point"... I wanted to throw Office docs at it, and those are not printing out well.