Topic: Ability to use an external program for the Youtube Downloader

Currently I am struggling to get the Youtube Downloader to work properly.
It does run (usually but at times I do get some 403 error with a lot of other text) but at such a slow speed (2-3 kb/s) where when I run it manually from the commandline (separate install of youtube-dl and yt-dlp) it runs at full speed and a video is done in seconds instead of 40 minutes.

What would be great is if this plugin has the possibility to add a manual commandline (with options) so I can for example use "yt-dlp" instead of the built-in youtube-dl since youtube-dl development has stalled for months and is lacking a lot of features.

Dennis

Re: Ability to use an external program for the Youtube Downloader

Hi Dennis,

I ran into this slow speed with YouTube Downloader myself and am currently working on changing the YouTube Downloader action to use yt-dlp instead. This should be out in a few weeks and I will update here once this is out.

This turned out to be easier than anticipated and version 2.7 of the YouTube Downloader action is now out and uses yt-dlp instead. It is definitely much faster at downloading videos and should hopefully fix the 403 errors also.

You can get this by opening the Dropzone preferences and in the Cloud Actions tab clicking 'Check for Updates' or installing the action from the link below:

https://aptonic.com/actions/install.php … Downloader

Cool! That works fine now. Thank you for the amazing quick support.