Topic: Dropzone 4 not starting on boot up

Hi - Although I have Dropzone starting on boot up, it is not starting, and I have to manually click on the icon to start it.  Anyone else having this issue?  Its not appearing in my startup application in the user accounts section.

Re: Dropzone 4 not starting on boot up

I've had a few people report this now, so it definitely warrants some further investigation.

Is this with Dropzone 4? Also, what macOS version? If you untick the 'Start Dropzone at login' checkbox in the preferences and re-tick it then reboot does it start? The way the launch at login works it wouldn't be expected to show under the user accounts login items section, so that's as expected.

It would also be great to see what Console log messages are being recorded. If it still doesn't start after unticking and re-ticking the 'Start Dropzone at login' checkbox then rebooting then would you mind opening Console.app which is in /Applications/Utilities and doing a search for 'Dropzone' and then unticking the 'Start Dropzone at login' checkbox and re-ticking it and then pasting me any relevant log messages. Thanks!

I have the same problem. It is not on the login item list. I cannot delete the app because it says it is opened. It is not on the force quit menu. I can find a process with "ps -ef | grep Dropzone". I killed the process and try to start it from the finder it won't start. At one point I did see the "subscription" dialog and I clicked cancel because I wasn't sure which version I wanted.

I am on Monterey 12.3.1 M1 Pro.

Ideas?

Hi PK,

I recommend you kill whatever version of Dropzone you have and delete it and then download the non-Mac App Store version from the below link instead:

https://aptonic.com/dropzone/latest

That should get you running again.