1 (edited by scrutinizer 2020-02-09 04:13:07)

Topic: Dropzone 4 fails to upload to Google Drive

It fails with just with any file. Dropzone 3 is doing that seamlessly. Failed to upload 6MB jpeg.

Upload failed

Debug Console shows:

Determinate: 0
Begin_Message: Connecting to Google Drive...
Begin_Message: What folder would you like to use?
Save_Value_Name: folder_name
Save_Value:
Begin_Message: Uploading Wig.jpg to Google Drive...
Error_Title: Upload Failed
Error: notFound File not found:

Re: Dropzone 4 fails to upload to Google Drive

Did you select a folder or have a folder setup to upload to? It looks a bit like it didn't get a valid folder to upload to.

No it even didn't prompt me to select a folder.

OK strange. You might have actually uncovered a bug in the Google Drive action here. Can you please download the attached dzbundle, unzip it, add it to your grid and authorize it and then click on it in the grid and paste me the debug console output. I don't need the access tokens and stuff. Really just any lines after:

Save_Value_Name: expires_at
Save_Value: 1580689328

This should hopefully give me a clue as to what's happening here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6mm5rq7kepua … e.zip?dl=1

ACTION: "/Users/home_folder/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Actions/Google Drive Debug Folders.dzbundle"
EVENT: "dragged"
VARIABLE: "client_secret" "••••"
VARIABLE: "dragged_type" "files"
VARIABLE: "app_version" "4.0.0"
VARIABLE: "expires_at" "1580818159"
VARIABLE: "refresh_token" "••••"
VARIABLE: "sandboxed" "1"
VARIABLE: "access_token" "••••"
VARIABLE: "client_id" "••••"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/home_folder/Library/Application Support/Dropzone"
ITEMS: "/Users/home_folder/Pictures/Forest.jpg"

Save_Value:
Begin_Message: Uploading Forest.jpg to Google Drive...
Error_Title: Upload Failed
Error: notFound File not found:

[Task completed]

Strangely,  the google auth window shows Dropzone 3 asking for access, not 4. It fails to upload and I get the same alert pop-up. BTW, not after I quit Dropzone 3 I was able to authorize and add to the grid. Still, it won't upload.
Also in the log, there's a hint to a dialogue prompt to choose a folder on GDrive that works in Dropzone 3. I never see this prompt either.

6 (edited by h0m0genised 2020-02-04 17:33:15)

I get a progress bar in Dropzone which asks "which folder?" but with no buttons to select and then Pashua and Dropzone crash and need force quitting.

@scrutinizer That's not the right log. That log is after dragging a file onto the action. I want you to instead CLICK on the action in the grid. There is a problem with how the folders are being requested and presented and I have added code in the click handler for the debug action to print the list of folders in a way that I can debug it.

Please click the action in the grid and then paste me that log.

@h0m0genised Would you mind doing the same thing? - Download the Google Drive Debug Folders action I linked above, authorize it and then click on it in the grid and then paste me what's in the debug console. Thanks.

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-31969]

Task description file task-31969:

ACTION: "/Users/user/Library/Containers/com.aptonic.Dropzone4/Data/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Actions/Google Drive Debug Folders.dzbundle"
EVENT: "clicked"
VARIABLE: "expires_at" "1580895344"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/user/Library/Containers/com.aptonic.Dropzone4/Data/Library/Application Support/Dropzone"

[Task completed]

@h0m0genised Thanks for that. Very strange. Still not to sure what's happening here.

Next would you mind creating a folder in the root your Google Drive using the web interface (doesn't matter what the name is) and doing the click on the debug action in the grid and pasting me the output again?

Made one called 'Dropzone'

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-14353]

Task description file task-14353:

ACTION: "/Users/user/Library/Containers/com.aptonic.Dropzone4/Data/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Actions/Google Drive Debug Folders.dzbundle"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/user/Library/Containers/com.aptonic.Dropzone4/Data/Library/Application Support/Dropzone"

#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Dropzone", folder_id="1aA4cPF0K6K0EUsZyLYwAMfO6jXaEKSRv">

[Task completed]

OK thanks - Now that you've created that folder what happens if you drag a file onto the 'Google Drive Debug Folders' action now? Do you get the same crash?

Now it works

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-85339]

Task description file task-85339:

EVENT: "dragged"
VARIABLE: "dragged_type" "files"
ITEMS: "/Users/user/Downloads/doc.pdf"

Save_Value_Name: access_token
Save_Value: ya29.ImC8B5ODX_oIYmgvG6m5zJWsF4CSyyaoQmB9ilL6s_ncMdVdbQYX8wIFj7XxXVwMeGdehs5TTLkyHg-fYo63rImJBttwVxIAX-xBmAIQwC63gMQ20gXYrCn5pinN1Ynhwjk
Save_Value: 1580919431
Save_Value: Dropzone
Begin_Message: Uploading doc.pdf to Google Drive...
Finish_Message: File(s) were uploaded to Google Drive!
URL: 0

[Task completed]

Will it be able to send files to the 'root' of GDrive?

@h0m0genised Very interesting. Thanks for helping debug that.

Yes the next step here is absolutely to make it upload into the root if there are no folders. I have added this to my TODO list for an upcoming release.

15 (edited by scrutinizer 2020-02-14 21:44:53)

In my case clicking opened the GDrive's root page and caused the connection status bar to get stuck.

The console output as follows:

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-16834]

Task description file task-16834:

ACTION: "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Dropzone/Actions/Google Drive Debug Folders.dzbundle"
VARIABLE: "expires_at" "1580818159"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/me/Library/Application Support/Dropzone"

Save_Value_Name: access_token
Save_Value: ••••
Save_Value: 1581225406
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1lJsbxeLSRm5VOurSbMC0E2XqaC2TaZay">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1J8QDYwcjg6TXfTfKgaE4nZAy8wEUEEU4">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1-mZKBlXSZTtQWcxvBl8tw-BH5q4MnlvP">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1mMHUfPT4eZleDqNAC4y7D_Vsebu7lrBI">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1vXvZ1IyKuXbQzaiBql86lZgUzn4aFWzK">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1qDRtaZbfGFch7NW54I-effG_-4VDWgX4">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1BP37BOPu0SSDTx-7MLH4xuczSDfWcSBQ">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1ZeCMYM4S1cIyF_BIOCgcIq2DlK62ZSRC">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1vNQVjlJgc9nsRDQRc0_pNf6-HLIGhVxy">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1OhtDOn021gy-lh-y9maqDFBWtj5mjFJz">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1uLK_6MqpM1_faq4MAx9T9oN_YrwH_vXW">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1zq5JBS-T1mMkUNHn79k70G9JBERQ-oC5">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1BSav0D2RhzQWyrxDHNfsDgzfIOpZL4bc">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".apdisk.sb-d3b02c2b-723YwY", folder_id="1SFehMmSkUWaH7aEc3Xr66Lx8ZtP4Af2C">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1iHgSNo4SyBo4lCgte8TGjxCFTrNMOOFN">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1_PuOuoy-WnINCjArXkRLUxDvlmcEMZ0Q">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="11kU9vkN4QZnfTkufTeyPN2oBytKUAHer">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1uBwZ2VitA3HjMPTwPCX1g1UQxwyOAxit">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1zrkp6aQ9Ht9x5l8Jt-cIf4VIEk2D-lp6">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="1j7rBGTHBKGIjbRAFqsdrgwCv6GqsvLMD">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title=".TemporaryItems", folder_id="16ipEnPpZxJZ71AwYdIvvwBviQmc7ytRD">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="TextEdit", folder_id="1TcgKViSDGC32Ez24eK7l4kUVedcHTK7D">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="iMovie 1005 projects", folder_id="1fn-RYTwBaprVMAwuWvZLlYHRmxMhC3Hh">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="➡︎Notes", folder_id="1BeaN4fsrJ5yFdxJH5PpZ-eZOMFpviTcy">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Numbers", folder_id="1ZmhprvgwNFnL1t-7mtR9Nj64IkYO8fDq">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Pages", folder_id="16udUuP0TQxT5ifQMymzlvzwHXchxiYQb">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Keynote", folder_id="1uGhjvSkyx8nP-iil66DgwuEnslMEwGEz">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Automator", folder_id="1LAvDZEflyC-64zcYgEHVz6ag7fsF_sJz">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Preview", folder_id="1O2oenSbvwtOcPPx8qJ7iZsYEaxKL-0m7">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="QuickTime Player", folder_id="1yejY-LNukNO38VG8Kdz65RtJeQ3XMRQW">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Script Editor", folder_id="1W240sJrfrMu9K48lZZsDRB2-vhkgBH04">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="iTunes", folder_id="1RK4KJO9xA0-7a9lyh_DiqSwszXtZum8Q">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="iMovie 9 Events and Projects", folder_id="1x-eStqGZDMYSnV0h1hlzbaJbMsA93hmb">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Uploads from Mac", folder_id="1u2LnsQ7Orw2dN_Ldlgrylpua0_eBXqhz">
#<struct Gdrive::Folder title="Xcode documentation", folder_id="0Bwsy7q2Qc3TCOHV4bTFub09GNFU">

[Task completed]

@scrutinizer That's interesting, thanks for providing that. It looks like maybe Dropzone might not be handling that number of folders correctly or possibly some issue with handling of the unicode names. I will investigate further.

Dropzone 4.0.3 has just been released and this version allows you to upload folders to your Google drive root as well as folders.