Topic: Dropzone Not Working Since Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

Help = Love this tool but it isn't working since updating to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

Specifically drops that I had setup for Amazon S3 stopped working.

Is there a fix that you're aware of?
An update to DropZone in the works?

Re: Dropzone Not Working Since Mac OS 10.15 Catalina

Yeah it's a known issue. I'm currently working on Dropzone 4 which will fix this.

Great. Thank you! Please do. This is a great tool. Have recommended it to many and clients as well who use Amazon S3. Any rough ETA I can communicate when the update might be ready?

It's about a month away.

A really great news ! i personally i cant live without dropzone:)

How's it going with the update?

We love this tool and need it back as soon as possible.

Wondering what your timing looks like now or would you suggest we look at another tool even though we don't want to!

Add me to the list anxiously awaiting the Catalina update.  Never realized how much I used Dropzone!

Hi! I am in the trial period of Dropzone. I am on Catalina and Dropzone fails for SFTP Uploads:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require': cannot load such file -- net/scp (LoadError)
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/SFTP Upload.dzbundle/sftp_uploader.rb:1:in `<top (required)>'
    from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.6/usr/lib/ruby/2.6.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:54:in `require'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/SFTP Upload.dzbundle/action.rb:16:in `<top (required)>'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:74:in `load'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:74:in `<main>'

I think you should not sell Dropzone without a warning for users that have an up-to-date MacOSX. I would be pretty angry if I would have paid for it...

Khoulaiz wrote:

Hi! I am in the trial period of Dropzone. I am on Catalina and Dropzone fails for SFTP Uploads:

I was able to fix my problems doing some manual installations:

sudo gem install net-scp
sudo gem install net-sftp
# and because of my keys
sudo gem install ed25519
sudo gem install bcrypt_pbkdf

:+1:
I'll be waiting...

Dropzone is one of a few Apps I use everyday so I'm really interested in knowing when it will be updated, a month or so ago I was told it would be within the month. But I do understand that development  takes time. I love this app and look forward to being able to use it in my workflow again.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Dropzone 4 is now released which fixes this. You can install this from the Mac App Store here:

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1485052491?mt=12

John wrote:

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. Dropzone 4 is now released which fixes this. You can install this from the Mac App Store here:

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1485052491?mt=12

Are all issues fixed, including the imgur issue? Thanks for the update. Look forward to using it again.

Yep, Imgur should be fully working in Dropzone 4. That part of the app is free as well so you can just install it without paying anything. Let me know how you get on.

dhaacke wrote:

Add me to the list anxiously awaiting the Catalina update.  Never realized how much I used Dropzone!

Glad to see v4 is out!

But when will it be available as a NON-AppStore version?

And will there be an upgrade path for longtime users?
(I've purchased and upgraded a few times over the years…)

(The above quote was me, btw. Not sure why it got attributed to someone else, so I just re-registered for the forum with a different username.)

Yes there will be a non-Mac App Store version of Dropzone 4 but this is still a few months away at the moment. In terms of upgrade path, I'm looking into providing a discount for existing Dropzone 3 non-Mac App Store customers when this releases. But not promising anything at the moment.

In the meantime, you can checkout the Setapp version - see https://setapp.com/apps/dropzone

This version runs unsandboxed and is more like the non-Mac App Store version. With Setapp you pay $9.99 per month and get Dropzone 4 as well as a bunch of other great apps and it also supports all the developers with their apps on Setapp by giving them some of the monthly revenue.