1 (edited by xxcivicxx 2019-08-03 16:19:34)

Topic: Mojave: Amazon S3 Upload to Bucket Error

Even though Test Connection succeeds, I am getting the following error when uploading a file to an S3 bucket with AWS-KMS encryption enabled:

Begin_Message: Connecting to Amazon S3...
Determinate: 0
Begin_Message: Uploading test2.png...
/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/core/client.rb:375:in `return_or_raise'
Requests specifying Server Side Encryption with AWS KMS managed keys require AWS Signature Version 4. (AWS::S3::Errors::InvalidArgument)    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/core/client.rb:476:in `client_request'
    from (eval):3:in `initiate_multipart_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/s3/object_upload_collection.rb:50:in `create'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/s3/s3_object.rb:724:in `multipart_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/s3.rb:55:in `upload_file'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:47:in `block in dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `each'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `each_with_index'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `call'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `<main>'

[Task completed]
======================================

If I switch the encryption to AES-256 or None, I get the following error:

Begin_Message: Connecting to Amazon S3...
Determinate: 0
Begin_Message: Uploading test2.png...
/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/core/client.rb:375:in `return_or_raise'
Access Denied (AWS::S3::Errors::AccessDenied)    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/core/client.rb:476:in `client_request'
    from (eval):3:in `initiate_multipart_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/s3/object_upload_collection.rb:50:in `create'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/bundled-gems/ruby/2.3.0/gems/aws-sdk-v1-1.67.0/lib/aws/s3/s3_object.rb:724:in `multipart_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/s3.rb:55:in `upload_file'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:47:in `block in dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `each'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `each_with_index'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Amazon S3.dzbundle/action.rb:41:in `dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `call'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `<main>'

[Task completed]

====================================

To make sure my IAM permissions are okay, I used the same security credentials via the CLI tools to upload files to the same bucket (with encryption enabled/disabled) successfully. Ideally, it would be nice to upload to an S3 bucket that has encryption enabled, but I would like help getting this working properly. Is there a particular permission that the IAM user needs that would impact uploads via Dropzone vs CLI?

Re: Mojave: Amazon S3 Upload to Bucket Error

bump..