Topic: Mojave : move screenshot from temporary location

Hi,

If i try to move a new made screenshot from the temporary location aka small thumb in the screen corner to an action like "Open with an app, move to folder, etc", nothing happen.

I can have a log if i move it to an action "FTP upload" :

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-41687]

Task description file task-41687:

ACTION: "/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/Open Application.dzbundle"
EVENT: "dragged"
VARIABLE: "path" "/Applications/Preview.app"
VARIABLE: "dragged_type" "files"
VARIABLE: "app_version" "3.6.9"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/athome/Library/Application Support/Dropzone 3"
ITEMS: "/var/folders/nf/9ptczxgs1y774l0hpx3ryc0h0000gn/T/filepromise/.Capture d’écran 2018-10-23 à 11.54.56.png"

[Task completed]

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-59131]

Task description file task-59131:

ACTION: "/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle"
VARIABLE: "server" "*****"
VARIABLE: "password" "••••"
VARIABLE: "password_variable" "password"
VARIABLE: "support_folder" "/Users/athome/Library/Application Support/Dropzone 3"
VARIABLE: "app_version" "3.6.9"
VARIABLE: "username" "••••"
VARIABLE: "remote_path" "/poney_en_mousse/"
VARIABLE: "root_url" "http://*****/poney_en_mousse/"
ITEMS: "/var/folders/nf/9ptczxgs1y774l0hpx3ryc0h0000gn/T/filepromise/.Capture d’écran 2018-10-23 à 11.58.20.png"

Begin_Message: Starting transfer...
Determinate: 0
/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:98:in `stat': No such file or directory @ rb_file_s_stat - /var/folders/nf/9ptczxgs1y774l0hpx3ryc0h0000gn/T/filepromise/.Capture d’écran 2018-10-23 à 11.58.20.png (Errno::ENOENT)
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:98:in `path_contents'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:64:in `block in upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:63:in `each'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:63:in `upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:18:in `do_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/action.rb:46:in `dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `call'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `<main>'

[Task completed]

A problem of right access to the temporary folder ?

Re: Mojave : move screenshot from temporary location

Hi, john

Maybe i need to make myself more clear or you just don't have a solution yet ?

Thx

It looks like it might be to do with the special characters in the file name - like the ’é and the à. Have you tried this with filenames without special characters? It would be helpful to first rule this out.

4 (edited by real3x 2019-03-01 20:26:39)

Good tip, i've just try and sadly that's not the problem, log are the same :

[Launching task with command line: runner.rb task-12923]

Task description file task-12923:

ACTION: "/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle"
VARIABLE: "server" "*****"
VARIABLE: "password" "••••"
VARIABLE: "password_variable" "password"
VARIABLE: "app_version" "3.7.0"
VARIABLE: "username" "••••"
VARIABLE: "remote_path" "/poney_en_mousse/"
VARIABLE: "root_url" "http://*****/poney_en_mousse/"
ITEMS: "/var/folders/nf/9ptczxgs1y774l0hpx3ryc0h0000gn/T/filepromise/.poladroid.png"

Begin_Message: Starting transfer...
Determinate: 0
/Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:98:in `stat': No such file or directory @ rb_file_s_stat - /var/folders/nf/9ptczxgs1y774l0hpx3ryc0h0000gn/T/filepromise/.poladroid.png (Errno::ENOENT)
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:98:in `path_contents'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:64:in `block in upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:63:in `each'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:63:in `upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/ftp.rb:18:in `do_upload'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/FTP Upload.dzbundle/action.rb:46:in `dragged'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `call'
    from /Applications/Dropzone 3.app/Contents/Actions/lib/runner.rb:75:in `<main>'

[Task completed]

I really think it as to do with the temporary location of the screenshot, before it appears on the desktop.

It's not a really big deal btw, thanks for taking care wink

Finally it work since 10.5.1 ! so it was an apple side soft tweak to do. Now you can drag all the thumbs in all apps, a really time saving thing smile